School Services is a resource for parents and teachers of elementary and homeschool students in the Fountaindale Public Library District. To find storytimes and programs for children 0–5 years please go to the Preschool page.
Institutional/Teacher Library Cards:
The Fountaindale Public Library provides access to the library collection for all teachers and school staff who work in Bolingbrook.
Each public and private preschool/school within the Fountaindale Public Library District will designate a main contact for their institutional library account. School principals and owners/directors of preschools should send a teacher roster directly to Marianne Thompson, Outreach Services Manager, so we can issue cards to the teachers. Borrowing privileges are good for one year, from September 1, 2017 to Aug 31, 2018. Teachers may checkout out library materials for 4 weeks with no fines. Any lost and damaged library materials are subject to charges. Interlibrary loan items and select equipment cannot be checked out on these accounts. For further information, please contact Marianne Thompson at mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org or by calling 630.685.4231.
Requesting Library Materials for Classroom Use:
● Teachers within the Fountaindale Library District can request materials for use in their classroom, which we will deliver to your school.
● You can make your request by filling out this online form or by directly contacting Outreach Services at 630.685.4230.
● Library materials checked out through Outreach Services are due in four weeks. If the next scheduled visit falls on a day there is no school, you may renew your materials online, via the automated phone system or by contacting Outreach Services directly. There are no overdue fines on school materials checked out through Outreach Services.
Rockin’ Reading Race:
● Runs annually during the month of October for Bolingbrook K–5 students.
● Students are encouraged to have their own library card. Students with a library card earn 100 bonus minutes on their log.
● Participating students will receive a certificate.
● Students that read a minimum of 300 minutes will win a prize.
● The top 3 schools based on minutes read will win a collection of Bluestem and Monarch award nominee books.
Click here to log your reading minutes now!
Outreach Services Bookmobile Partner with Schools:
● Monthly Bookmobile Visits
● Monthly Book Talks from Mrs. C
● Reading Nights
● Multicultural Fairs
● STEM/STEAM Events
● Guest Reader
● School Registrations for library card sign-Ups
● Outreach staff and the Bookmobile are available to participate in PTO/PTA events
● Library Card Application (English)
● Biblioteca Solicitud de Tarjeta (Spanish)
● Resources for Parents and Teachers
● Homework Help
● Ms. Hostert's Book Talk list
● Mrs. Welko's Book Talk list
● Mrs. C's Book Talk list
For general questions or to request library materials for your class, call: 630.685.4230
Elementary Schools: Cindy Consalvo at 630.685.4233 or cconsalvo [at] fountaindale.org
High Schools: Marianne Thompson at 630.685.4231 or mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org
Homeschool: Annalyn Hostert at 630.685.4234 or ahostert [at] fountaindale.org
Middle Schools: Marianne Thompson at 630.685.4231 or mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org
Preschools: Laura Didier at 630.685.4167 or ldidier [at] fountaindale.org